Window Cleaning: Exterior And Interior
Window cleaning can be done at home easily, but sometimes, depending on the height and type of glass we have, there is a need to hire a cleaning company. This is the only way we can guarantee, at first, the safety of the person who performs the work and also the quality of the service delivered.
Having the windows clean and well cared for only brings blessings to the residents. We can not forget that cleaning windows is one of the most valued aspects of a house or apartment: clean windows allow more natural light to enter and the direct consequence is the increase in the feeling of well-being, so sought after by tenants and owners.
If you plan to clean your windows without having to use a specialist, you should be aware of some tips:
Some Window Cleaning Home Tips
- Glasses are usually very sturdy, but some care is needed not to scratch the surface. Do not use soap, opting for softer products.
- Do not use alcohol, disinfectants, waxes or removers. Such products can reduce the transparency of the windows and make them foggy.
- You can opt for specific products, but there is a more homey alternative: four drops of liquid detergent per litre of water.
- Never use a newspaper, as the paint may dissolve and stain the windowpanes. Prefer paper towel, which leaves no residue during cleaning.
- For large glazing, experts suggest 100% cotton cloth, squeegee and woollen mop. Although more industrial, such products can be easily found in supermarkets.
- Another aspect to consider is the frame of the windows or doors: if it is dirty, it must be cleaned before the glass. In this case, you need to remove the dust and check for any traces of paint, which may also have splashed on the glass. To remove them, you must find out the type of paint used. But all this can cause problems, and it’s best to seek lavage haute pression Aquashine.
Here are some professional window cleaning techniques:
Professional Window Cleaning Techniques
When deciding to hire a company that specializes in window cleaning, the method to be used will depend on the amount of glass and the height of the windows. Companies are required to follow various standards and ensure the safety of their workers, as they may face several risks and must be prevented.
In the case of manual cleaning, the stresses caused by forced postures, the possibility of cutting with sharp tools or instruments, the external temperature, among others should be considered. If a ladder is required, consider the risks of falls and accidents.
At heights of less than 3.5 meters, it is essential to keep the organization in the working environment and to ensure that the surface or object to be cleaned is above the shoulder. Work should be performed at that time, and only a ladder should be used, to the appropriate standards. The employee should not climb on improvised objects, such as chairs, tables or boxes.
If the height is more than 3.5 meters, in addition to the preventive measures mentioned above, the worker must be supported by safety ropes and pulleys.